Monday, April 13, 2009

Click here for more

Actress Eliza Dushku and four other Hollywood celebrities speak about what it was like to bare all for the latest issue of Allure magazine.



Dushku, 28, grew up in a conservative Mormon family and says the naked shoot made her more nervous for her grandmother than for herself. "I think she would like me to wear more clothing sometimes." But the star of FOX's sci-fi series "Dollhouse" -- who has six tattoos -- says she didn't have major reservations about posing and is "really comfortable with my body, and I think all women's bodies in all shapes and sizes are beautiful."

Padma Lakshmi, the sexy host of Bravo's culinary reality show "Top Chef," also appears in the magazine and reveals a scar on her forearm that she got from a car accident at the age of 14. "This is my favorite part of my body," says Lakshmi, 38, while pulling up her sleeve to reveal the scar. "I love it because it makes me a person who has an interesting past, and it reminds me that I can survive any pain."

Another actress who took it all off is 36-year-old Sharon Leal, who appeared on "Private Practice" and has a role in the upcoming TV movie "Limelight." When it was time for her to drop the robe, Leal -- who has a seven-year-old son -- says she tried repeatedly to keep reassuring herself. "I just reathed and said to myself, 'I’m comfortable, I’m beautiful; I’m comfortable, I’m beautiful' until I felt OK." Would she do it again? "I’ve never done anything like this, and it’s liberating," she says. "But once may be enough."

Also posing in the magazine -- on newsstands April 21 -- are comedienne Chelsea Handler and 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' star Lynn Collins. Click here to view more photos from Allure's annual nude issue.